Night photography is an expressive way to photograph the remaining ambient light of a city or country scene, by capturing its beauty as night falls.
However it’s obviously a time when light conditions are not at their easiest. The photographer is often faced with quite challenging light conditions.
You’ll be getting tips on making balanced exposures, doing night photography without expensive gadgets and avoiding some inevitable road bumps along the way. We’ll also view and discuss examples of night photography images, so you’ll be well prepared before we venture into the cool evening air to capture the city lights.
As an added bonus, we’ll also visit how to use your camera’s flash in combination with shutter speeds to create attractively-lit images that are balanced throughout the scene.
Some knowledge of basic camera controls is helpful as is a tripod, but we’ll have plenty of help on hand as well as some spare tripods. The main ingredient is your curiosity and enthusiasm!
AMONG THE TOPICS COVERED ARE :
- Tips and techniques for capturing the mood of challenging evening and night scenes with available light.
- Emphasis on achieving clear exposures while retaining rich dark tones and detail.
- Practical outdoor photography exercises.
- Using a flash to create softly-lit and balanced exposures; avoiding harsh ‘over-lighting’.
- Discussion of other key guidelines for successful night photography.
More information about this workshop
More Information about this workshop
- The workshop fee is €80 which includes workshop notes and refreshments.
- Sunday 26th November 2017, 4pm – 8pm.
- For more information or to sign up for the workshop, simply fill in the contact form.
Each Tuesday evening for 6 weeks. Starts Tuesday 7th November 2017.
Sunday 26th November 2017. 4pm – 8pm