Discover the joy and fun of photography in plain simple English!
Weekend Workshop Saturday 17th & 24th March 2018.
This comprehensive workshop covers the basic operations and features on your camera (film and digital). Unlock what seems to be a complex camera with a complicated menu. At the end of the workshop, you will have a better understanding of photography and take control of your camera to create images.
This workshop is suitable for participants with no, little or some photography experience as well as for amateurs, budding photographers who wish to expand their knowledge. The workshop provides 18 hours of explanations and discussions about the digital/film camera. Getting it to work for you and not against you.
The contents and topics are covered by means of interactive discussion, slide presentation and live demonstration. Time permitting, participants will get to see some basic Adobe Lightroom demonstrations. The workshop is designed for film and digital SLR cameras. A compact digital is not very suitable for this workshop.
You will be pleasantly surprised how much is covered and what you need to know about your camera and general photography!
Among the topics covered are:
- An overview to better understand the camera and its operations.
- Differences between film and digital cameras.
- Lenses and availability of options.
- Camera buttons, dials and main menus.
- The relationship between ISO, shutter speed and aperture.
- Working with the camera in its full manual mode to other semi-auto functions.
- Understanding metering and controlling exposure.
- Creative use of exposure controls.
- White Balance.
- Digital file formats and resolution
- Overview about photography composition.
More Information about this workshop.
- The workshop fee is €230 which includes refreshments, sandwich lunches and 2 days of fun learning experience!
- Dates of the workshop are Saturday 17th & 24th March 2018 from 9.45am- 6pm.
- Optional – 60 pages of printed workshop notes are available at cost (€5).
- Kindly ensure that you can be present for both days of the workshop.
- There are several DSLR cameras available for rent at a modest fee of €30 (entire duration of the workshop). They do need to be reserved in advance.
- For more information or to sign up for the workshop, simply fill in the contact form.
Intensive weekend version. 2 full days Saturdays 17th & 24th March 2018.
PRACTICAL PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP – LOW LIGHT & NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY – By Trevor Waldron
Sunday 18th March 2018 4.30pm – 8.30pm